Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground round
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano. crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
Arrange the meatballs on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan or similar baking pan. Broil about 3 inches from heat, turning once, for about 5 minutes on each side.
Combine tomatoes, tomato paste, water, onion, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cayenne pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; add meatballs. Lower heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
Remove from heat. Uncover; refrigerate until serving time. Remove excess fat on surface; reheat and serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
Serves 4 to 6.
Spicy Chile Meatballs With Barbecue Sauce
Herb and Garlic Meatballs
Maria's Italian Meatballs
Pasta Sauce Recipes Index
Meatball Recipes Index