These tasty meatballs are flavored with orange marmalade and horseradish. Serve as party meatballs or serve with rice for a family meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef, about 90%
- 1/3 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 cup sweet orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
Combine lean ground beef, water chestnuts, salt and horseradish. Form into 3/4 to 1-inch balls and place in 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients together. Pour over meatballs. Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 350°. Makes about 2 dozen meatballs, depending on size. These meatballs freeze well.