Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 pounds ground beef, 85% to 90%
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs, plain
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion or 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons burger seasoning or 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup (plus more for topping, if desired)
- Optional Glaze/Topping
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or similar mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, seasoning, and 1/2 cup ketchup. Mix until well blended and pack into the prepared loaf pan.
If using topping, mix the topping ingredients and set aside.
Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Carefully drain off any excess grease and top with about 4 tablespoons of ketchup or the optional topping mixture, if desired. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Serves 6 to 8.