Feel free to use plain ketchup to top this delicious simple meatloaf recipe, or serve with ketchup on the side. Serve this simple meatloaf with homemade mashed potatoes and peas or your favorite vegetables. I usually use 85% ground beef because of the flavor, but 90% will work as well.
Scroll down to see more meatloaf recipes.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 2 pounds ground beef, 85% to 90%
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs, plain
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion or 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons burger seasoning or 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup (plus more for topping, if desired)
- Optional Glaze/Topping
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or similar mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, seasoning, and 1/2 cup ketchup. Mix until well blended and pack into the prepared loaf pan.
If using topping, mix the topping ingredients and set aside.
Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Carefully drain off any excess grease and top with about 4 tablespoons of ketchup or the optional topping mixture, if desired. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Serves 6 to 8.
You Might Also Like