This meatloaf is so easy to prepare, and it tastes great. Ingredients include condensed French onion soup, quick rolled oats, bread crumbs, and basic seasonings. Serve this meatloaf with mashed potatoes and salad or your favorite cooked vegetables.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ketchup or barbecue sauce, optional
Combine all ingredients in a bowl; pack into a meatloaf pan or large (9x5x3-inch) loaf pan. Bake at 350° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Spread top with a little barbecue sauce or ketchup about 5 or 10 minutes before done. Let rest a few minutes before slicing.
Serves 6 to 8.