Make this flavorful mushroom meatloaf with your choice of beefy mushroom or golden mushroom soup, and feel free to use more ground beef or ground veal in place of the ground pork.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork, or more ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped onion
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) beefy mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Saute mushrooms in butter over medium-low heat until browned and tender. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms and remaining ingredients, mixing lightly until thoroughly blended.
Spray a 7x11-inch or 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Fashion a rack with a piece of foil and place in the baking dish (this will keep the meat loaf out of the drippings). Place the meat mixture on the "rack" dish and pat into a loaf shape.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.