- 3 to 4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 packages (sleeves) of crackers, crumbled
- A-1 Sweet and tangy steak sauce
- 1 small can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 bottle of ketchup (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Recipe makes 2 large loaves, so you could split and freeze half of the mixture.
Mold meat into a loaf in a roaster or similar deep dish pan. Bake at 350-375 degrees for about an hour and a half, or until it appears to be done. You may also drain some of the juice off of the loaf before you top with glaze, but not too much because it will result in a dry meatloaf.
Mix glaze ingredients and cover meatloaf with it. Bake uncovered until coating is cooked. Slice and serve.
Shared by Coweyes Brown