Chili sauce and spices help flavor this great tasting meatloaf.
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ketchup, chili sauce, or prepared mustard for topping
Mix bread crumbs and milk; let stand.
Sauté onion in skillet in the butter. Combine bread crumb mixture, onion, ground beef, egg, 1 tablespoon chili sauce, salt, pepper, curry powder, and ginger. Blend well. Shape into a loaf in a greased shallow baking dish. Spread a thin coat of mustard, ketchup, or chili powder over the loaf. Sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs.
Bake meatloaf at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes.
Parmesan Meat Loaf
Meatloaf With Barbecue Glaze
Tex-Mex Meat Loaf
Southwestern Style Meat Loaf
Hot 'n Sweet Pepper and Onion Meat Loaf
Top Meatloaf Recipes
Meatloaf Cooking Tips