Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or seasoned salt blend
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs ***
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1 jar (12 ounces) prepared brown gravy or an envelope of dry gravy mix
While the meatloaf is baking, prepare or heat purchased gravy.
*** Quick Tip: Make bread crumbs in the food processor with your day-old bread and keep in a food storage bag in the freezer. They're always available for meatloaf, casserole topping, or other uses.