Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce, about 16 ounces
- 1/2 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey, lean or ground turkey breast
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork, or more ground turkey, 85% to 90% lean
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup soft finely ground bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine 1/3 cup of the cranberry sauce with the chili sauce. Refrigerate remaining cranberry sauce to serve with the meal. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey and pork with the egg, bread crumbs, onion, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add 1/3 of the chili sauce and cranberry mixture. Reserve the remaining chili sauce and cranberry sauce mixture for topping.
Mix the meat mixture until well blended. Pack into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Top with the reserved chili sauce and cranberry sauce mixture and bake for 10 minutes longer. Let the meatloaf rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.