- 2 pounds of fish fillets
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup beer
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided, or to taste
- 3 cups fine yellow corn flour*
- vegetable oil or shortening for deep frying
Preheat oil in deep fryer to about 370ºF.
Remove fish from mixture and dredge with corn flour mixture. Fry fish until the fish nuggets float to the surface and turn golden brown, taking care not to overcook.
Place fish nuggets on paper towels to drain, patting gently with paper towels to blot up excess oil.
Use this batter to fry shrimp, oysters, and other shellfish.
Shared by Janet2508
More Fried Fish and Beer Batter Recipes
Skillet Fried Fish Nuggets
Crispy Fried Fish
Deep Fried Catfish
Oven Fried Haddock
Dill Sauce for Fish Recipes
Beer Batter Onion Rings
Beer Batter Chicken Strips
Haddock Recipe Index
Fish Recipes Index
Seafood Recipes Index