Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (approximately 15 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pecans, and oats. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
In a separate bowl, whisk together sour milk or buttermilk, melted butter or margarine, and egg. Pour into well in flour mixture; stir to blend just until dry ingredients are moistened, but do not overmix. Gently fold in drained pineapple and coconut.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
For topping, mix together brown sugar, flour, coconut, and oats. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs have formed. Sprinkle coarse crumb topping over pineapple muffin batter.
Bake muffins at 400° for about 20 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and firm. Transfer pans to rack to cool for about 5 minutes. Gently turn pineapple muffins out onto rack to cool completely.
Makes 18 pineapple muffins with coconut.
Raisin Bran Muffins
Blueberry Muffins II
Peanut Butter Muffins
Honey Muffin Recipe
Cranberry Muffin Recipe
Pecan Peach Muffins
Sweet Onion Muffins
Pear Walnut Muffins
Apple Streusel Muffins
Apple Pecan Muffins
Blueberry Muffins with Cream Cheese
Very Blueberry Muffins
Pancakes and Waffles