Large Photo of Blue Corn Muffins
- 1 cup blue cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup regular sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 4 green onions with about 3 inches of green, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mild green chiles, drained, or about 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, and cooled melted butter. Add sour cream mixture to the dry ingredients; stir just until blended. Fold in the corn, green onions, and chile peppers.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4-full; bake for 20 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.
You Might Also Like