These pickled mushrooms make a nice side dish to a summer meal, or serve as an appetizer. Choose fresh, small, fairly uniform button mushrooms for this recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Chill: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 27 minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 cups dry white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound small fresh mushrooms, trimmed and washed
Combine the chopped onion, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, pepper, thyme, wine, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add mushrooms and again bring to a boil. Boil for about 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are just tender. Chill mushrooms in their liquid for at least 2 hours. Drain and serve.
Serves 4 to 6.