Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 12 to 16 ounces okra, trimmed, washed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper; seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes; peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds shrimp; peeled and deveined
- hot cooked rice
Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted. Add the onion and bell pepper; toss to coat evenly. Stir in the okra and cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, parsley, and Creole seasonings.. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes soften. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. Add the shrimp and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and opaque.
Serve with hot cooked rice.
You Might Also Like