- 1 pound okra, trimmed, washed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper; seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes; peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds shrimp; peeled and deveined
- hot cooked rice
Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer,
stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes soften. Add the
shrimp and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and opaque.
Serve with hot cooked rice.