- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 chicken breast halves, skin removed (I use boneless)
- 6 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 3 1/2 cups ice water
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- - - -
- 1 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Put the chicken in a large bowl with the ice water. Put the yogurt into a medium bowl. Set both aside.
Put all the breading ingredients into a large food storage bag. Seal and shake well to mix. Remove 2 pieces of chicken from the ice water. Roll each piece in the yogurt. Put the chicken into the plastic bag, reseal and shake to coat thoroughly. Transfer the breaded chicken to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process until all 12 pieces are breaded. Spray the chicken pieces lightly with the vegetable oil spray.
Place the baking sheet on bottom shelf of preheated 400° oven; bake for 1 hour, turning the pieces every 20 minutes to allow even browning. Serves 8 to 10.
Changes I sometimes make are:
Plain bread crumbs in place of the Italian
Morton Nature's Seasoning & Spike seasoning instead of Old Bay
McCormick salt free Garlic & Herb instead of other spices
I usually only cook 4 breasts, so I divide the breading mix into 2 bags (one for now - one for later) and I do only half the yogurt.
Shared by Dottie
Related Chicken Recipes
Oven-Fried Chicken With Sesame Seeds
Oven Fried Parmesan Garlic Chicken
Oven Fried Chicken Croquettes
Honey Fried Chicken
Easy Oven Fried Chicken With Corn Flake Crumb Coating
Chicken Breast Recipes Index