Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 beef roast, NY sirloin or spoon roast, about 3 pounds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 small to medium garlic cloves, mashed and finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash ground cayenne pepper
Put the roast in the prepared pan and rub all over with the olive oil. Combine the garlic and remaining ingredients in a small bowl then rub over the roast.
Roast for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 225°, and continue roasting for about 3 hours longer, or until done as desired. For medium rare, the beef should register from 150° to 155°. on a meat thermometer or oven probe in the thickest part of the roast.
Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Similar Roast Beef Recipes
Pepper-Crusted Roast Beef
Herb and Spice Beef Tenderloin Roast
Round Tip Roast Recipe
Eye of Round With Garlic and Apple Juice
Roast Beef Tenderloin With Pinot Noir Sauce
Roast Beef with Garlic and Thyme
Boneless Rib Roast with Herbs
Prime Rib Roast With Red Wine