- 1 prime rib roast, about 6 to 8 pounds
- 1/2 cup red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
Heat oven to 400°.
Put the roast on a rack in a large shallow pan. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° and remove the foil. Continue roasting to 155° for medium rare, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Serves 4 to 6.
More Beef Roast Recipes
Rib Roast with Herbs
Roast Beef Tenderloin
Beef Tenderloin Sandwich
Grilled Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Bourbon Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Tenderloin for Two with Peppercorn Cream
Roast Beef Poor Boy
Roast Beef with Garlic and Thyme
Crockpot Beef Recipes
Beef Recipes Index
Ground Beef Recipes Index