Yield: Serves 4.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups to 1 2/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt; stir to blend.
In another bowl, whisk eggs with 1 1/2 cups of milk. Stir into the flour mixture along with the melted butter and vanilla. Add a little more milk if the batter is too thick. Stir just until smooth and well blended.
Using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook on a hot, greased griddle. Cook until bubbly and lightly browned on the bottom; flip over with a spatula and brown the other side.
Layer pancakes with the sliced strawberries and serve with your favorite syrup.