Take a look at the large photo of this pancake.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk, whole or 2%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
In a bowl, combine the apple slices with brown sugar and cinnamon; toss gently to coat well.
In another bowl, mix flour with salt. In a large cup or small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
Take the pan from the oven and add remaining butter; swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Arrange apple slices over the bottom of the pan. Pour batter over apple slices. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned.
Serve with syrup or sprinkle with powdered sugar.