Large Picture of the Spaghetti Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 12 slices bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Meanwhile, heat the the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat; add the mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add the green onions and sauté for another minute. Add the diced cooked bacon, blend well, then remove from heat. Add the warm drained spaghetti, blending ingredients well.
In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Stir in flour until blended and bubbly. Add the half-and-half or milk and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and begins to bubble. Add the sauce to the spaghetti along with the fresh parsley. Toss well and add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with a tossed salad, crusty rolls, and more Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4 to 6.