Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, about 12 ounces or 5 cups of florets
- 4 ounces orzo
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped olives, stuffed or black olives, or a combination
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or crushed and finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Cook broccoli in boiling water for about 3 to 4 minutes, or just until tender. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
In a large bowl toss the broccoli with orzo, chopped green onions, olives, carrot, oregano, garlic, and pepper.
Whisk together the red wine vinegar and oil and toss with the salad ingredients. Add salt, as needed, to taste.
Serves 4 to 6.