- 2 cups cooked macaroni, drained, rinsed, cooled
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- pepper, to taste
Combine all macaroni salad recipe ingredients, using about 1/3 cup of mayonnaise and stir well. Add a little more mayonnaise, if necessary. Taste and adjust seasonings. Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
Makes about 4 sevings of macaroni salad.