Serve this tasty macaroni salad at your next summer get together or take it along to a potluck dinner. It's great with burgers, or serve with grilled marinated chicken or steaks.
- 6 ounces macaroni, about 1 1/2 cups uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced peeled cucumber
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels, cooled and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
In a large bowl, combine the cooled macaroni, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cucumber, beans, corn, cilantro, and garlic, toss to blend ingredients. In another bowl combine the remaining ingredients, stirring to blend. Pour over the macaroni mixture and gently stir to blend thoroughly. Chill and serve.
Serves 8 to 10.