- 8 ounces fusilli or rotini pasta
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 to 12 small grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 to 3 cups coarsely chopped chicken
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or a favorite gourmet mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- salt, to taste
Toss cooled pasta with the spinach, red bell pepper, tomato halves, onion, garlic, and chicken.
Combine 1 cup of the mayonnaise with wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, pepper, and basil. Toss with the pasta mixture. Add more mayonnaise, if needed. Taste and add salt, as needed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving time for best flavor.
Serves 4 to 6.