Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta, or rotini or similar
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, red, green, or combination
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives
- 1 large clove garlic, mashed and finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 basil leaves, chopped, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, Creole seasoning blend, or a seasoned salt blend, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
Cook pasta in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain, rinse, and put in a large bowl. Add the diced ham, onion, bell pepper, black olives, minced garlic, parsley, pepper, chopped basil, and salt or Creole seasoning blend. Toss to mix. Add relish and mayonnaise and mix well. Add more mayonnaise, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.