- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, about ll ounces (spoon and sweep method)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped roasted or honey-roasted peanuts, optional
Combine the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat or stir in the flour and cornstarch until mixture holds together. Blend in the very finely chopped peanuts.
Chill for about 30 minutes.
Roll out on a lightly floured board to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters; place on an ungreased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Or, shape the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet, dip the flat bottom of a glass in granulated sugar, and flatten gently to about 1/4 inch thickness.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cookies are set and bottoms just begin to brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of shortening and drizzle over the cookies.
Makes about four dozen cookies.
You Might Also Like