Large Photo of the Peach Cobbler
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk, low fat is fine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches, about 8 medium peaches
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a bowl, beat egg with 1/2 cup of the sugar, the melted butter, and the milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the first mixture until smooth and well blended.
combine the peaches with the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and the spices. Put in the prepared baking dish. Spoon batter evenly over the peaches then gently spread to cover. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned.