Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 3/4 cups drained sliced peaches, divided, juice reserved for sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup reserved peach juice
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
Drain the peaches, reserving juice for the sauce. Set aside.
In a saucepan combine the 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup of butter, the reserved peach juice, and the corn syrup. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes. Let cool to lukewarm.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and granulated sugar. Add 1/4 cup of butter, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Add egg and beat 1 minute longer. Fold in peaches, reserving 8 slices for topping later; pour batter into unbaked pie shell. Spoon cooled caramel sauce over top of batter. Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set. 10 minutes before the pie is done, quickly arrange reserved peach slices over the top. Serve peach pie warm.
More Peach Recipes