Scroll down to see more peanut soup recipes.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
- chopped parsley, for garnish, optional
Combine chicken broth, celery, salt, onion, and butter; simmer over very low heat for 1 hour. In a large cup or small bowl, combine cold milk, flour, and water, stirring until smooth. Stir milk mixture into the hot broth. Stir in peanut butter; cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring constantly with wire whisk until smooth. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and parsley if desired. Peanut Soup serves 4.