Here's a larger photo of this dish.
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- 8 ounces diced ham
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas, thawed or lightly cooked
- 3/4 cup packed torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Meanwhile, in a small skillet, brown the ham in a few teaspoons of olive oil or butter.
Meanwhile, for pesto, combine in a food processor the peas, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and walnuts, if using. Run the food processor, adding olive oil a little at a time. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed.
Toss the ham and pesto with the hot pasta. Serve with more Parmesan cheese.
More Pasta Recipes and Pesto
Chicken and Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta
Tomato Zucchini Fetuccine
Bow Tie Pasta with Italian Sausage
Spinach Pesto Sauce
Pasta with Asparagus
Shrimp with Capellini
Penne Pasta with Creamy Meat Sauce
Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Casserole
Creamy Salmon and Pasta
Creamy Chicken and Basil Pasta
Ham and Fusilli Skillet
Turkey and Pasta Skillet
Pasta Casserole Index
Pasta Sauce Recipes Index