- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 pound light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Combine softened butter and cream cheese with a fork until smooth. Add flour, about 1/4 at a time; work into smooth dough. Chill dough.
Shape into 1 1/4-inch balls; press into small muffin pans to make shells.
Slowly beat sugar into eggs. Mix in melted butter or margarine, salt, and vanilla. Put 5 to 6 raisins and about 1/2 teaspoon nuts in each pastry shell; add filling to almost fill shells. Top with a few nuts. Bake tassies for 25 minutes at 350°, until set. Store in tightly covered containers, between wax paper layers.
Makes about 4 dozen.