- 12 pounds firm pears, about 40, peeled, cored, quartered
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 pounds onions, about 7 to 8 medium, peeled and quartered
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons whole mixed pickling spice
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, pickling spices, and turmeric in a large kettle. Boil 10 minutes. Add ground fruit and vegetables; bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes. Spoon into hot sterilized jars and seal quickly.
Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner, or 20 minutes for altitiudes of 1001 to 6,000 feet. Over 6,000 feet, process for 25 minutes.
Makes about six pints.
Serve with roasted or grilled meats.
Makes about 8 to 9 pints.
Blushing Pears with Cinnamon Candies
Simmered Pears with Orange Juice
Ginger Pear Crisp
Pear Upside-Down Cake
Pear Pie Recipe
Slow Cooker Fruit Compote
Cranberry Pear Relish
Gingered Fresh Pear Cake
Fruit and Nut Salad
Country Pear Cobbler
Congealed Ginger Ale Salad
Pear Walnut Muffins
Cakes, Pies, Desserts
Pie Recipes Index
Dessert Recipes Index