Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bag baby spinach, 6 ounces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 basil leaves, minced, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 recipe for homemade pizza dough for a 12 to 16 inch crust or a purchased dough or crust
- thinly sliced red onion
- 4 to 8 ounces sliced ham, diced
- 1 dozen grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise, in halves or thirds
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
Make White Sauce: In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring, until smooth and bubbly. Add the milk and cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened. Add salt and pepper, basil, and Parmesan cheese. Cook, stirring, until cheese is melted.
Line a 12- to 16-inch pizza pan with the pizza dough.
Heat oven to 450°.
Spread the white sauce mixture evenly over the pizza dough. Top evenly with mushroom and spinach mixture. Sprinkle with sliced red onion, diced or sliced ham, and sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and crust is browned.
Pizza Dough Recipes: