This recipe makes about 4 cups of sauce, and it freezes well. Use this sauce with your favorite pizza toppings or use it as a sauce for chicken or seafood.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, green or other color
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning blend, or salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
In a skillet or saute pan over medium heat, cook onion, celery, and bell pepper in the olive oil until onion is translucent and celery is tender. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute longer. Add the tomato puree, tomatoes, seasoning or salt and pepper, and oregano. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Use as a sauce for your favorite pizza, or serve with chicken or seafood.
Makes about 4 cups, and freezes well.
Stuffed Pizza Recipe
Basic Pizza Recipe
Pizza Dough Recipe
Pizza Sauce Recipe
Pizza Crust II
Bread Machine Recipes