I love pizza, and I especially love homemade pizza. I know the ingredients are fresh, I know it will be hot, and I know it will taste great.
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, or regular tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 scant teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Makes about 3 1/2 cups of pizza sauce, enough for 2 to 3 pizzas, depending on size.