Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 47 minutes
Yield: Serves 4.
- 1 box (6 ounces) cornbread stuffing mix (Stove-Top is great)
- butter as directed for stuffing mix
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 center cut boneless pork chops, about 3/4 inch thick, or 8 very thin boneless chops
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or a blend of Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, optional
Lightly grease a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
Prepare the stuffing mix following package directions. Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Arrange pork chops around the stuffing and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with chopped onion and bell pepper strips.
Combine the soup and milk and spoon over the chops.
Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked and tender. Sprinkle with cheese, if using, and continue baking just until cheese is melted.