Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- 1 pork, loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning blend (instructions for homemade blend below)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Heat oven to 400° F. Line a baking pan with heavy duty foil and place the roast on the foil.
Rub the pork loin all over with the Cajun seasoning blend. Roast for 20 minutes. Combine the apple juice, honey, and brown sugar; mix well. Reduce the oven heat to 325°. Roast for about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours longer, basting frequently with the honey mixture, or to about 145° on a meat thermometer. Let the roast rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
Serves 6 to 8.
To make your own homemade Cajun seasoning, blend the following ingredients in a coffee grinder or small food processor.
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika, sweet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
Store in a jar with lid. This blend is salt-free, so be sure to season with salt as needed.
Similar Pork Loin Roast Recipes
Pork Loin Rib Roast
Herb-Crusted Pork Loin With Potatoes
Honey-Bourbon Glazed Pork Loin Roast
Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin With Marmalade Brown Sugar Glaze
Pork Recipes Index
Favorite Pork Roast Recipes