- 1 1/2 pounds pork, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can (4 ounces) chopped mild green chile peppers, optional
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- dash oregano
- 1 to 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- diced tomato and green onion for garnish, optional
About 2 hours before done (or 1 hour if cooking on HIGH), add the chile peppers (if using), parsley, oregano, black beans, corn, bell pepper, diced plum tomatoes, and lemon juice.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve in bowls, with cornbread and a garnish of diced tomatoes and green onions.
Serves 6 to 8.