Yield: Serves 4
- 1 large or 2 small pork tenderloins, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the mushrooms until golden. Add the green onions and continue cooking, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove vegetables to a plate and set aside.
Dredge the pork medallions in the flour mixture. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Cook the pork medallions over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Add the wine and broth to the skillet along with the mushroom mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for about 10 minutes longer. Serve with rice, potatoes, or pasta.