- 2 whole pork tenderloins, 1 1/2 to 2 pounds total
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf sage, crumbled
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup herb seasoned stuffing crumbs
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 slices bacon, halved crosswise
Heat 1/3 cup apple juice with butter and sage. Stir in chopped apple and onion and stuffing mix. Spread stuffing mixture over one flattened pork tenderloin then top with the other flattened pork tenderloin. Skewer shut. Place pork in a shallow baking pan. Pour 1 up apple juice over the meat then lay bacon across top. Roast uncovered at 350° for 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked through. Remove skewers.
Serves 6 to 8.