- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- Jerk Rub
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed, optional
- dash cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- dash ground cayenne or other ground hot chile
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, crushed and finely minced
Combine rub ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of medallions and rub in.
Grill medallions over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side to sear. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 12 minutes longer, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 155°.
My wine choice was a flavorful red French Côtes du Rhône, but I also like Pinot Noir with pork, and Shiraz would be very good with this dish. With the spices in this dish, a fruity Reisling or Gewurztraminer would make a good match for white wine lovers.
Of course, there are no hard and fast rules. Here are more tips on pairing wines with food, from our wine expert.
Baby Lima Beans in Cream(shown in photo to the right)
More Pork Tenderloin
Spiced Pork Tenderloin With Fresh Cranberry and Orange Glaze
Cinnamon Apple Pork Tenderloin
Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin, Slow Cooker
Bourbon and Cola Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Maple Mustard Pork Tenderloin