- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 3/4 cup peach preserves or apricot preserves
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped, with about 1 or 2 teaspoons of the sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pork tenderloins, 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each
Heat oven to 400°.
Trim pork tenderloins; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Sear the pork, turning to brown all sides. Put the skillet in the oven and roast the pork to about 145° F on a meat thermometer, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let it rest for at least 3 minutes.
Heat sauce until it begins to simmer. Slice tenderloins and arrange on a serving platter or individual plates. Spoon a little sauce over the slices and pass the rest at the table.
Serves 4 to 6.