- 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/8-inch)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed potato soup
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Combine the potatoes and onions in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the soups, milk or half-and-half, and pepper; pour over the potatoes and stir gently to combine. Pour half of the potato mixture into the casserole; spread half of the cheese over the potatoes. Top with remaining potato mixture and cheese. Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender.
Serves 6 to 8.