This is a nice combination of flavors, and goes with just about any meal.
- 2 pounds boiling potatoes -- cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper -- to taste
Rinse potatoes under cold water; drain and pat dry. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes (should be single layer). Cook, turning frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic; cover and reduce heat to low. Cool, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove garlic; peel skins off. In a small bowl, crush the garlic then add to the potatoes. Stir in lemon juice. Add green onion; cook another minute or two, until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and season to taste.