- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces smoked Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, ot to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley or chives, optional
Warm the milk with butter in a saucepan or in the microwave. Add to the potatoes along with the pepper and salt, as needed. Add more milk if necessary and mash or beat until smooth. Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley or chives, if desired.