Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for the pan
- 1 1/2 pounds red skinned potatoes, scrubbed and cut in 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil; oil the pan with a little olive oil.
In a large bowl or in a food storage bag, toss potatoes and onion with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, dillweed, chives, salt, and pepper. Transfer the potato mixture to the baking pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally so the potatoes will brown evenly.
Let the potatoes cool completely. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Toss the mayonnaise mixture with the potato mixture, adding more mayonnaise if needed.
Terri's Shrimp and Roasted Red Potato Salad
Classic Potato Salad With Red-Skinned Potatoes and Cucumbers
Golden Potato Salad
Fingerling Potato Salad
Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad
Warm Potato Salad With Andouille Sausage