Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 to 12 strips bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In a large Dutch oven or stockpot over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour; stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
Add potatoes and onions. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until soup begins to bubble.
Reduce heat; simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 to 8.
Shared by Coastieswife.
More Potato Soup Recipes