Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 pound salt pork, cut in 1-inch strips, or about 5 to 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 4 to 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks (red, yellow, or variety)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- sweet ground paprika, optional
Add potatoes, broth, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 45 to 60 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Serves 3 to 4.