- 1 beef bottom round roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
Heat oven to 325°.
In a large Dutch oven or covered oven-safe pot, cook the bacon with onion until onion is softened. Remove bacon and onion to a plate and sear the roast in the drippings on all sides. Add the onion and bacon back to the pan along with the apple juice and beef broth. Stir in the vinegar.
Cover and bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until very tender.
More Pot Roast Recipes
Pot Roast With Garlic and Thyme
Tangy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Beer-Braised Pot Roast With Mushrooms
Country Pot Roast with Gravy
Family Pot Roast with Vegetables
Oven Barbecued Beef
Pete's Barbecue Beef
Barbecued Pot Roast
Crockpot Beer-Braised Beef