Cream cheese pound cake, a delicious Bundt cake with the richness of cream cheese.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted before measuring
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and shortening with an electric hand-held mixer on medium speed, until light. Gradually beat in the sugar. Beat in cream cheese. Add flour, alternating with the eggs, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Pour batter into a generously greased and floured 10-inch Bundt cake pan or tube pan. Bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a wooden pick comes out clean when inserted in the center. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.